©2015 Grantsville City Corporation, Grantsville, Utah
Pay a Fine
Payment options are listed below. If you need to make payments over time, first call the Court at
(435) 884-6271 and a clerk will review your options with you. The Justice Court does not handle fine
payments. Payments are received and processed by the Grantsville City Treasurer (435) 884-3411.
PLEASE NOTE: THE ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THOSE
CONSIDERING TRAFFIC SCHOOL!
If you are considering traffic school, please call the court during normal business hours to determine
eligibility (435) 884-6271. Traffic School is considered under a plea in abeyance, where the charge
is held by the Court pending payment of court costs, completion of traffic school and payment of
traffic school fees. If the conditions are complied with, the original charge is dismissed. Generally
Traffic School is only allowed for speeding offenses of not more than 10 miles per hour over the
speed limit and stop sign violations.
On-line payments for offenses not requiring an appearance before a judge will be accepted as a bail
forfeiture which is legally considered the same as a guilty plea and by law will be reported to the Utah
Driver License Division. An already approved Plea-in Abeyance agreement is not a bail forfeiture.
On line payments are assessed a 2.5% merchant/convenience fee. Payments may take up to 2
business days to apply to your case.
• DO NOT SEND CASH !
• Personal checks and money orders are accepted.
• Checks should be made out to : Grantsville Justice Court
• Please put your case number or citation number on the check to ensure application to your case.
Mail payments to:
Grantsville City Corporation
429 East Main Street
Grantsville UT 84029
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
• The Grantsville Justice Court accepts the following credit/debit cards: VISA and MASTERCARD
• Credit/debit card payments may be made online, by phone or in person. There will be a 2.5%
merchant/convenience fee assessed for the credit card payment service.
• Phone payments are accepted between 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 P.M. weekdays, except holidays. Please
call (435) 884-3411.
• The court does not accept e-mail authorizations.
PAY IN PERSON
• While the Grantsville Justice Court prefers payment by mail, the City Treasurer’s Office is open
weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for walk up payments in Room 101.
• Returned checks incur a mandatory $20.00 service charge.
• Any returned check not cleared within 30 days may result in an added Class "C" misdemeanor
charge and the issuance of a cash-only arrest warrant.
• Payment to clear a returned check must be made with cash, certified check, money order or
approved credit card.
• Future payments on such cases must also be made with cash, certified check, money order or
approved credit card.
Grantsville Justice Court